Our Fairmont, West Virginia office seeks a Baseline Sampling Technician to perform sampling and monitoring activities in northern West Virginia and Southwestern Pennsylvania.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person based in the Morgantown, WV area or the Southwestern PA area (Greene, Fayette or Washington county).
This six month assignment requires outdoor work (year round), day travel via personal or company vehicle (including possible overnight stays) and required overtime on a regular basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conducts water / soil sampling and testing activities and other general field related services
- Records field notes for specific tasks performed at each site and follows established procedures for documenting all field activities
- Calibrates, maintains and updates a variety of screening equipment (Trimble GPS units, Gas Explorers & water quality meters)
- Ensures all equipment is loaded on the truck to perform the required field activities.
- Identifies hazardous or dangerous working areas and reports findings to the appropriate GES site supervisor
- Communicates and interacts with other staff, subcontractors, clients, regulatory agencies and property owners
- May perform limited subcontractor oversight in field-related activities
- Performs other duties as assigned field services manager or supervisor
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A High School diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of field experience or a related Associate's or Bachelor's degree and 0-1+ years of experience
- Must be able to work without direct supervision, while maintaining a commitment to perform all required duties
- Must adhere to GES health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) standards in all activities.
- Must complete initial and annual refresher OSHA HAZWOPER training and be able to wear PPE.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, writing, and client service skills.
- Must have a good driving record, and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Drug/Alcohol screening and a Background check are required.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 19 months ago