GES seeks an experienced Environmental Remediation Technician to join our Atlanta, Georgia team,
This is outdoor work, in all-weather types. This position will require frequent day travel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs standard remedial system operation & maintenance activities
- Handles labor and construction duties based on the project requirements
- Helps to identify field related issues and makes recommendations to correct the issue.
- May supervise contractors on subsurface excavations, tank removals and equipment & piping installations
- Perform soil and groundwater sampling activities according to EPA guidelines
- Ensures installation and repair practices adhere to OSHA requirements and engineering standards.
- Adheres to GES Health & Safety standards in all field-related activities
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- 4-6+ years of field related work experience within the environmental consulting industry. Must possess a strong understanding of standard operating procedures related to sampling, health & safety, decontamination, field note recording, equipment calibration, and O&M activities.
- Must be a team player with very good technical, mechanical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Alcohol/Drug Screening and a Background Check are required.
Apply To This Job