GES’ Long Island area Hauppauge, New York office seeks an experienced Environmental Remediation Technician to join their team.
Our preferred candidate will have Operations and Maintenance experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC) environmental remediation systems.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs remedial system operation & maintenance activities. Work will be primarily on large groundwater treatment systems.
- Completes and tracks maintenance work orders and equipment/spare parts inventory.
- Handles labor and construction duties based on the project requirements
- Helps to identify field related issues and makes recommendations for correction.
- Supervises contractors on subsurface excavations, tank removals and equipment & piping installations
- Interacts with clients to discuss project site related information
- Perform soil and groundwater sampling activities according to EPA guidelines
- Ensures installation and repair practices adhere to OSHA requirements and engineering standards.
- Adheres to GES Health & Safety standards in all field-related activities
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 5 -10+ years of field related work experience within the environmental consulting industry. Must possess a strong understanding of standard operating procedures related to sampling, health & safety, decontamination, field note recording, equipment calibration, and O&M activities.
- Experience with groundwater and/ or wastewater treatment is preferred.
- Operations and Maintenance experience with PLC environmental remediation systems is preferred.
- Must be a team player with very good technical, mechanical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Experience with LPS or a behavior based health & safety program is a plus
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Alcohol/Drug Screening and a Background Check are required
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 30+ days ago