GES seeks an experienced Environmental Remediation Technician to handle field activities for project sites located in North & South Carolina.
This is outdoor work, in all weather types. This position requires occasional overnight travel and frequent day travel.
Previous experience working remotely without direct supervision is a plus
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs standard remedial system maintenance activities
- Handles labor and construction duties based on the project requirements
- Helps to identify field related issues and makes recommendations to correct the issue.
- Adjusts system operational parameters.
- Performs air stripper cleaning activities.
- Performs probe and pump clean up.
- Services pumps, compressors, and blowers.
- May supervise trenching contractors on subsurface piping installations.
- Ensures installation and repair practices adhere to OSHA requirements and engineering standards.
- Adheres to GES Health & Safety standards in all field-related activities.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of field related work experience. Must possess a strong understanding of standard operating procedures related to sampling, health & safety, decontamination, field note recording, equipment calibration, and O&M activities.
- Previous experience working remotely without direct supervision is preferred
- Must be agreeable to occasional overnight and frequent day travel
- Must be a team player with very good technical, mechanical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Wastewater Operator license is a plus
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Alcohol/Drug Screening and a Background Check are required.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Apply To This Job
GES Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. - 4 months ago