POSITION: Safety Manager - Heavy Industrial
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Shreveport, LA area 71111
A global leader in the manufacture of modular concrete
shelters used in the utility and telecom industries has
an immediate opening for a Safety Manager at its
manufacturing facility located in Bossier City, LA (near
Safety Role: The Safety Manager is accountable for
identifying and evaluating those conditions, practices
and personal behaviors, which result in human, facility,
equipment, and product losses for the company's
manufacturing facility. In this role, the EHS Manager
develops, communicates, coordinates, and implements
comprehensive loss control processes to reduce those
losses, and evaluates and directs compliance with
applicable governmental regulation and services in a
support role in managing Safety, Workers' Compensation
and claims management.
Environmental Role: The Safety Manager is responsible
for managing the execution of all environmental programs
at the company's facility. Responsibilities include
insuring compliance with environmental permits or other
applicable authorizations and regulations of
compliance-related tasks. The company's environmental
program consists of, but not limited to waste water and
storm water discharges; air emissions; universal
hazardous waste management; hazardous materials
management; and compliance with other corresponding
state and local requirements.
• Directs the company's safety activity through a Safety
• Coordinates weekly safety topics for all production
• Facilitates monthly safety committee meetings.
• Conducts department safety training for all
departmental personnel, as well as orientation and
training for new or transferred employees.
• Seeks out / completes ergonomic improvement
• Completes monthly department inspections and audits
all Lockout/Tag out procedures.
• Investigates all losses and schedules and leads all
injury and property damage diagnosis meetings; is
accountable for all follow-up action items.
• Works with production supervisors to design and ensure
the completion of the department Safety by Objectives
Plans; also designs department Emergency Preparedness
Plans and Department Spill Plans, and trains personnel
in these areas.
• Promotes and assists employees in the completion of
Loss Reports, Safety Recognition, and Hazard Report
• Coordinates quarterly site EHS audits with the
facility's General Manager.
· Two-year Associate Degree or relevant work experience
in a technician field. Four-year degree with emphasis in
safety and environmental fields or three years of
relevant experience is preferred.
· Prior experience with safety procedures in a
manufacturing environment with such experience gained
through work and or study. Experience in a multi- site
manufacturing organization and experience with
environmental compliance management are pluses.
· Problem-solving skills.
· Proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and
· Ability to identify safety hazards in the workplace.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and work unexpected
overtime and alternate shifts.
· Above average safety, performance and attendance
· Ability to stand or walk 75 percent of the time during
a shift; ability to occasionally lift 50 pounds; and
ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
· Self-confidence and presentation skills to address
employees about safety.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary up to $80,000 depending on skills and experience,
plus comprehensive health care package and relocation
allowance, as appropriate.