The salary range reflected above is the normal hiring range for 2014.
The full salary range for Environmental Project Manager including longevity pay, is $23.73 - $33.26 per hour.
The full salary range for Environmental Technician including longevity pay, is $21.33 - $29.68 per hour.
The successful candidate will serve as either an Environmental Project Manager OR Environmental Technician based on the minimum qualifications met.
Responsible professional work coordinating and managing environmental issues and regulatory compliance for the County Public Works Department.
Distinguishing Features of Work:
An employee in this class is responsible for evaluating environmental impacts of road and bridge construction projects; assuring compliance with environmental regulations; providing technical advice in preparation and presentation of project proposals to State, regional and local stakeholder groups; developing and coordinating the Department’s roadside vegetation maintenance program, the hazardous waste management program and the storm water management and mitigation program. The work is performed independently in accordance with established regulatory agency standards and Departmental policies under the general direction of assigned supervisory staff.
These work environment factors are general in nature and may vary depending on the specific position being filled. CONSTANT : Lift and carry up to 10 pounds and color vision. FREQUENT : Near, midrange and far vision; depth perception; field of vision; visual accommodation; hear within 5 feet and up to 20 feet; feel; use fingers; grasp; handle; move about; reach; rotate neck; sit; talk/speak; walk; right and left wrist turn; traffic; work alone, with and around others; customer/public contact; work inside and work outside, and drive. OCCASIONAL : Balance; atmospheric conditions; slippery surfaces and work extended days.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Pass/Fail): Environmental Project Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (PASS/FAIL): Environmental Technician
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in biology, hydrology, geology, ecology, forestry, civil, environmental or agricultural engineering or a related natural science field, AND three years’ experience administering and coordinating construction projects to ensure agency compliance with environmental statutes and/or regulations.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- If the successful candidate possesses less than three years of experience performing duties similar to those listed in the job description. They may be considered, at the discretion of the hiring authority, for appointment at the Environmental Technician level. This would be determined at the time a job offer is extended.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor' degree in environmental studies, forestry, biology, agriculture or a related natural science field; OR , completion of an approved vocational school course in environmental technology and two years experience performing duties similar to those listed in the job description.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING ASSESSMENT - (Supplemental Questionnaire - 100% of the scoring process):
Points will be awarded for job-related experience and education exceeding the minimum qualifications. Only experience occurring during the ten most recent years will be used in determining this assessment. Experience beyond ten years may be included on the application for purposes of meeting minimum qualifications or informing the hiring authority of your complete employment history.
Please Note: When answering the supplemental questions on the website, the webpage will time out after 30 minutes. It's highly recommended you draft your answers in a Word document and copy/paste the answers into the application when you're finished writing. Failure to answer all of the questions on the "Supplemental Questions" page within 30 minutes will result in the deletion of your answers by the application system.
The essential functions for this position are listed under the "ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK" on the specification, available in the Human Resources Office or online at www.stlouiscountymn.gov/jobdescriptions .
If you are eligible to apply for Veterans Preference, please attach to your application a copy of document(s) listed for the option that applies to you:
- Veteran: DD214
- Disabled Veteran: DD214 & compensable disability award letter issued within the last 6 months.
- Spouse of Disabled Veteran: DD214 & compensable disability award letter issued within the last 6 months & marriage certificate. (Eligible only if Veteran is unable to qualify because of the disability.)
- Spouse of Deceased Veteran: DD214, Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants selected must meet the physical requirements for the position.
Applicants selected for appointment must take and pass a drug test.
Applicants selected for appointment to a position with St. Louis County may be subject to a background investigation.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION:
All new employees must submit documentation verifying identity and employment eligibility within three days of their first day of employment.
Appointees to the position must successfully complete at least a six month probationary period prior to being certified for permanent employment.
St. Louis County is an equal opportunity and veteran-friendly employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, age, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, disability, genetic information, veteran status or activity in a local Human Rights Commission or any other characteristic protected by law.
St. Louis County, MN - 30+ days ago