Please submit the original Employment Application and Applicant via mail or in-person to our office at 375 Satula Avenue, Athens, GA 30601. You may download the application form using the link in the Job Details section on the right-hand side of this notice.
The purpose of this job is to perform technical/manual work functions associated with collecting wastewater samples for testing/analysis to determine compliance with federal, state and local standards. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: collecting wastewater samples from sewer lines and waste facilities; sampling landfill for testing/analysis for compliance with federal, state and local standards; monitoring sewer lines for discharge and chemical/temperature levels; preparing reports; maintaining equipment; and performing additional tasks as assigned.
Qualified applicants must possess:
1. High school diploma or equivalent;
2. Six months wastewater operations, monitoring equipment and procedures or related experience;
3. Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
4. A Valid driver's license; and
5. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Class III state certified license for wastewater treatment within 12 months of date of hire.
Please see the job description for further details.
This merit system position requires that the employee satisfactorily complete a probationary period. This position is a safety sensitive position; therefore, it will be included in the random drug and alcohol testing as referred to in the Athens-Clarke County Drug and Alcohol Ordinance.
Athens Clarke County HR Department - 13 months ago