Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist with in situ remediation experience and / or education in our Lawrenceville, NJ office. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude and strong interest in performing environmental investigation and remediation of contaminated properties. In addition, the candidate must possess strong technical skills, a professional demeanor, and a superior education. You will be assisting with soil and groundwater sampling; air and soil gas sampling; remedial design and selection; treatability studies; pilot tests; field oversight of remediation activities including remediation implementation and subcontractors; data management and evaluation; and report preparation. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential.
- Master or PhD degree in Environmental Science with in situ remediation technology focus;
- Thorough knowledge of in situ remediation processes and hydrogeology;
- Knowledge of NJDEP regulatory requirements;
- Assist in soil / groundwater environmental investigations, site assessments and remediation implementation;
- Perform field work related to maintenance and operation of remedial systems and provide construction oversight;
- Perform soil and groundwater data analysis;
- Assist with remedial design;
- Assist with field pilot studies;
- Experience working in laboratory working with in situ remediation technologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, GIS and AutoCAD a plus;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm and has been recognized as one of CE News Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For. Langan offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad.
We provide our staff with the opportunity to direct their own career path. If you are a highly motivated self starter, we can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
We offer our full-time employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; extensive training; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. - 10 months ago