This position is under the general supervision of the Facility Manager, Building Attendant Supervisor and is responsible for environmental services activities to maintain facilities in a clean, attractive, and in a safe manner. Position may travel to other locations for temporary assignments.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED, or equivalent work experience. Used for reading and comprehending technical procedures and instructions.
- 1 year healthcare or other commercial environmental services experience.
- Eligible Alaska Native or American Indian applicants that are within 1 year of relevant experience will be started at one grade below and receive a grade increase when their experience meets this requirement.
- Must have a valid driver's license and remain insurable under the SEARHC automobile insurance policy. This requirement may be waived in locations where position duties and responsibilities can be completed without driving.
- Within one year, or as training schedules allow, the ESW must certify in the four OS1 Team Cleaning modules, be verified in the OS1 Hazard Communications module, and be verified in the OS1 Blood Borne Pathogen module. Within two years the ESW must certify in the OS1 Floor Care Guideline, and pass the University of Alaska Shipping of Infectious and Biological Substances course or be trained by a SEARHC infection control specialist.
Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium - 2 years ago