Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of
environmental, energy and industrial services serving
over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500
companies, thousands of smaller private entities and
numerous federal, state, provincial and local
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors
has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste
management facilities, throughout North America in 37
U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. The Company also operates international locations
in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits
including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee
Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work
environment and require a pre-employment drug screen.
All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security
background checks, and some positions may require
pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Environmental Technician I is responsible for the
performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste
clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination
and handling of hazardous materials. At times, must be
able to work with little or no supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
following policies, processes, and acting in a safe
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by
manner at all times.
pulling and pulling heavy objects.
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting,
limited to: pumps, vacuum equipment, oil spill boom,
- Operates light and heavy equipment including, but not
generators, bobcats, etc.
not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological
- Performs emergency response activities including, but
and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment
call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your
- Responsible for quick and immediate response when on
replacement's name to the coordinator.
electrical, hydraulic) industrial tools, including
- Handles various hand tools and powered (pneumatic and
pressure washers and saws.
hammers, rivet-busters, air-chisels, nibblers and etc.
- Works with vibration-producing tools including jack
supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem of
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notify
& Safety Compliance and regulations.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health
Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE).
- The ability to wear and properly use a variety of
This includes respirators, skin, face, hand and foot
protection in a multiple number of combinations.
all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in
while wearing various levels of personal protective
for exposure to various chemical and physical agents,
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential
some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined
Working at elevations including working from ladders and
- Assists in field sampling activities and calibration
trucks, tanks, and various other containers.
- Climbs ladders, scaffolding and into and out of
emergency response situations these periods can extend
- Works extended ( > 8 hrs.) time periods. Note that in
beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hrs.; Because of the
emergency response and operational nature of the
position, a continuing condition of employment is that
the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be
on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
and on occasion will require work during week-ends and
to time by management and will be required by the needs
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time
of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and complexity of the work being
performed by personnel assigned to this classification,
and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks,
duties, and responsibilities required of personnel
assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or
restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalency. 2 or 4 year degree
in Environmental Studies (preferred).
Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol
- Complete confined space entry (CSE) training.
- 40 Hour OSHA Training.
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e.,
includes: No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3
- *Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI,
years; No DUI/DWI in past 3 years; No preventable
accidents in the past year; No more than 2 preventable
accidents in the last 3 years.
condition of employment.
- Valid drivers license required as a continuing
regulations. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste
- PC skills.
- Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR)
- Knowledge of chemicals.
- Able to travel, work weekends, will wear a pager.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to take and comply with directions.
- Able to perform multiple tasks.
reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined
- Clean driving record*
- Position involves strenuous physical exertion.
- Available for 24/day on-call basis.
- Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping,
spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening,
color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or
more (with or without lenses); Requires sitting.
Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal
respirator equipment and other forms of personal
protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E,
including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate
body temperature substantially during strenuous
# of Openings : 1
Req. Code : 27638
Offer Relocation : No
Clean Harbors Environmental Services - 10 months ago