Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
Environmental Services assists in keeping the hospital looking its best and making sure patients, employees and all others are functioning in a clean environment.
- Perform daily cleaning procedures in patient rooms and other ancillary areas in the hospital including nursing stations, restrooms, offices, etc.
- Use various cleaning tools and electrical equipment, such as vacuum, mop bucket and wringer.
- Use various cleaning chemicals and solutions in an effort to maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Collect and transport trash and soiled linen to the appropriate storage area.
- Maintains furniture in patient rooms, offices and other ancillary areas in an orderly fashion.
- Complete cleaning requests for check-outs and transfers on a daily basis.
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service.
This is a per diem position that does not include benefits.
Holy Cross Hospital - 23 months ago