We are seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for our Enfield, CT location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the resources and activities of the Company to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to Senior Management and Core Safety Team.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the facility to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Serve as the facility expert within the field of HSE when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third party safety & liability consultants and subcontractor representatives.
- Responsible for the development of an annual budget recommendations and implementation.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to Senior Management when needed.
- Assist project team in investigation of all project incidents (GL/WC/Recordable Incidents, Near Miss and First Aid) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Assist in Implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensures “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Company and are incorporated into the program, if necessary.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness across the facility.
- Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company locations to review HSE performance and policies.
- Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, EPA, etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance. Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position. Conduct site visits/audits.
- Participate/attend industry related conferences when requested to do so.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field and/or 7 - 10 years of industrial construction safety experience managing project safety.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and industry standards.
- Worked within the industrial construction industry, with a preference for relevant industry experience in a manufacturing environment.
- OSHA 10 & 30 trained; OSHA 500, ASP or CSP designation required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer literate, good Project Management skills.
To qualify for consideration, all applicants must submit a Cover Letter stating related experience and salary requirements. All cover letters and resumes MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
You will be working in a professional environment. In return for your contributions, you will receive a competitive salary and an excellent company paid benefits package.
A sampling of our company paid benefits includes:
Eppendorf is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/H
- comprehensive medical
- comprehensive dental
- basic life insurance
- short and long term disability
- tuition reimbursement program
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- paid sick and personal days
- 401k plan
- plus more!
Eppendorf - 9 months ago
Eppendorf AG is a leading supplier of systems and research tools for the biotechnology industry worldwide with a wide range of products...