Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Essential Job Functions:
As an EpicMix photographer you will be taking photographs capturing the Experience of a Lifetime for thousands of guests. The Images you take will be sent directly online and into the guests EpicMix account where they will be available for purchase and sharing. EpicMix photographers will be assigned to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain and expected to work in all weather conditions indicative of the winter alpine environment of the resort.
Photographers must be comfortable standing outside for long periods of time proactively greeting and approaching guests with the intent of offering our professional photographic services. You will be responsible for accurately scanning guest passes for the purpose of tracking images, then composing and shooting candid photos as well as more formal family ski portraits and action shots. Once the photos are taken, you must be able to clearly communicate the photo viewing and purchasing process to every guest that was photographed. You will also be responsible for meeting certain photo quality and quantity expectations as set by the Photo Manager.
Photographers should have passion for photography at least a rudimentary understanding of the basic photographic concepts of exposure, focus, and composition. Photographers should be comfortable handing and using a DSLR Camera, tethered computer and scanner. Photographers must understand and be able to communicate to guests on the process for viewing and purchasing their photos.
Most importantly, EpicMix photographers must be passionate about photography, love working with people, and take pride in capturing the highest quality images possible.
- Follow all company and department safety procedures
- Capture highest quality and expected quantity of photographs following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Understand basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus.
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera and tethered computer and scanner
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resorts in winter
- Provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- Travel to various mountain locations requiring level 7 ski or snowboard skills. This position skis or snowboards as a means of transportation only.
- Provide assistance in sales locations
- Photograph ski school kids following SOPs
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions indicative of the high alpine environment in winter
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
- Excellent guest service skills
- Passion for photography Prefer one semester of school photography and or practical professional experience.
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience
- Level 7 ski or snowboard skills.
- Cash handling experience
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 2 years ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...