The Florida Department of Health is seeking a full time Youth Health Survey Coordinator in the Bureau of Epidemiology. The incumbent will lead and manage youth health surveys and conduct epidemiological studies at the Chronic Disease Epidemiology Section.
- Plans and directs a multi-agency effort to ensure efficiency in the coordination of the Florida Youth Survey for the Department of Health;
- Designs, plans and implements school- based health surveys that include, but are not limited to, Florida Youth Tobacco Survey, Youth Risk Behavioral Survey, and Middle School Health Behavior Survey;
- Provides consultative services and technical assistance to staff across the state to ensure the resolution of managerial and operational problems regarding the Florida Youth Survey planning, administration, and utilization of the data;
- Manages grants, budgets and contracts related to youth surveys;
- Conducts and participates in epidemiologic studies on chronic diseases and behavioral risk factors using Florida Youth Survey data and other data. Disseminates the results of study through publishing reports and making presentations at Department of Health Grand Rounds and conferences at local, state and national levels;
- Responds to requests for the Florida Youth Survey data, and analyzes and disseminates Florida Youth Survey data and other data to support disease prevention and health promotion programs at Department of Health and other state agencies and organizations.
- A Master degree in public health or related areas, and at least one (1) year public health or epidemiological research experience. - Experience in coordination of projects involving multiple agencies and organizations; - Experience in using SAS and other statistical software; - Strong skills in oral and written communication.
The Chronic Disease Epidemiology Section located at Bureau of Epidemiology is responsible for designing and implementing population-based surveys, managing Florida Cancer Registry, and conducting chronic disease epidemiological studies. For more information, see http://www.doh.state.fl.us/disease_ctrl/epi/ index.html
Public Health Employment Connection
- 2 years ago - save job
Don't confuse the Florida's Department of Health (DOH) with local health departments -- this DOH concerns itself with matters more...