Akima Logistics Services, LLC (ALS) provides the full spectrum of
logistics services, ranging from performance-based and integrated
logistics services (PBL & ILS), material management, warehousing,
and distribution to vehicle and equipment maintenance. ALS is also a
major provider of role-player and foreign language speaking training
support at U.S. Army installations across the nation. Today’s military,
government agencies, and commercial enterprises depend on modern,
sophisticated logistics systems to provide critical operations support
and timely services. ALS provides exceptional services and ongoing
improvements to enable these organizations to be effective and
Come be a part of
Akima Logistics Services growing team!!
You will p
erform classification, ECOD’s, initial and final inspections on all equipment/vehicles entering and exiting the Consolidated Maintenance Facility at West Point. This includes but is not limited to knowledge of the operational requirements, repair requirements, and service requirements for Tactical Vehicles, Construction Equipment, Fire Equipment, Lawn Maintenance Equipment, Tree Maintenance Equipment, Outboard motors, Small Engines and Portable/Stationary Generators. Perform road tests and operational test diagnostics in performance of these requirements. Physically inspect vehicles/tactical vehicles/construction equipment, lawn maintenance equipment and other assorted types of equipment, indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions. These duties will require the inspector to have the ability to climb in, under or around the item being inspected.
- Must possess a current driver’s license - CDL-B with Passenger Endorsement.
- Have a minimum of 8 years Vehicle/Equipment experience
- Familiar with DA Regulations, FM’s, TM’s, TB’s, SOUM’s and DA Forms
- Familiar with process of accident damage estimating (ECOD)
- Familiar with electronic repair, parts and estimating flat rate manuals
- Extensive experience analyze and troubleshoot deficiencies in vehicles/equipment
- Effective time management skills with respect to deadlines, priority changes and interruptions
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a team member, but also independently and apply sound judgment when needed
- Ability to meet, greet and interact with large diversified customer base
- Union Membership Required
- Mandatory Overtime may be required as directed
Prior DoD, military, or government contract service in Army Transportation Motor and Consolidated Maintenance operation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Candidate must have physical ability to climb on, in, around and under equipment during performance of duties.
Will be working outdoors during adverse conditions in wind, rain, snow, heat and cold.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive
consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion,
creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran
status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in
applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our
website to apply for a position please
contact Ginny Glasco at 703-766-6259, Virginia.Glasco@akima.com
. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For us to stay compliant
with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email
resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical
and/or mental disability and need assistance.
Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Akima Logistics Services, LLC
NANA Development Corporation - 16 months ago