Postal/Zip Code: 33610
APAC-Southeast, Inc. (part of Oldcastle Materials Southern Group of Companies) is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, APAC also offers design-build and conventional bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, APAC performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make APAC a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Asphalt Equipment Operator / Raker - Luteman
We are seeking a motivated, safety and career-minded individual to join our team in Tampa as an Asphalt Equipment Operator / Raker-Luteman.
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Distributes asphaltic materials by raking.
- Matches and finishes freshly made asphalt paving joints evenly.
- Smoothes and adjusts surface irregularities, restores surface finish, spreads asphalt to proper grade and finishes before compaction.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- May perform other duties such as shoveling asphaltic materials and assisting with maintenance of asphalt finishing machine to include adding or removing screed extensions.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting. Requires regular lifting of 25 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Uses tools such as a shovel, asphalt rake and asphalt lute. Walking and standing each occupy approximately 50 percent of the work day. Overtime work is often required. May be exposed to extremes of hot or cold weather. May be exposed to vehicular traffic. Required riding to and from job sites. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 15 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...