Responsible for operating and maintaining all equipment associated with the individual’s primary service line. The ability to operate and maintain other service line equipment is strongly desired and will weigh heavily during annual review and further promotion within OIS.
Drives company vehicles with valid license. If DOT driver, complies with all DOT regulations and record-keeping.
Inspects company vehicles, equipment and tools before leaving the yard and after returning to the yard. Reports deficiencies to appropriate management personnel. (Pre and post trip inspection reports)
Assists in project planning of jobs including on-site inspections, writing procedures, specifying equipment and chemicals, etc.
Communicates the status of the assigned job to division management and customer representatives (before, during and after the job is completed).
Inspects equipment, hoses, connection, pumps and general work area prior to starting job. Corrects deficiencies which may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or which are consistent with the work order or customer’s requirements.
Wears the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, established operating procedures, written instructions, and work permits. Also, wears additional protective equipment specified by the customer’s Safety Department. Enforces use of required safety equipment by technicians and subcontractors.
Performs all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) or more years’ experience in industry
- CDL Class B license or higher
- TWIC card preferred
- Good equipment knowledge.
- Perform work in enclosed (confined) space, under close supervision.
- Must pass a medical and drug test.
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned. Specifically, lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in adverse work conditions, varying from very hot to very cold, wet and dry.
- Ability to safely handle up to a 6 inch vacuum hose (with up to 6,500 cubic feet of air moving thru the hose per minute, traveling at speeds of up to 160 MPH).
Veolia Environmental Services - 9 months ago