Equity Healthcare is recruiting an experienced Senior Health Informatics Analyst to help in measuring and managing healthcare costs and improving outcomes while shaping innovative approaches to improve plan performance.
This individual will report directly to the Chief Informatics Officer (CIO), but will work closely with EH’s operational, financial and clinical leaders. The Senior Analyst actively mines, analyzes, and interprets the available data and health information across EH’s broad range of portfolio companies and data sources. The end objective of this process is to use information to maximize the value of the health benefits programs to the portfolio companies (and their private equity owners.) This individual will be our “information orchestrator” and play an integral role in our practical, action-oriented approach to improving the performance of the EH programs as a whole and managing portfolio company costs by reporting results and recommending strategies to improve member health and outcomes.
This individual will have primary responsibility for working directly with the EH data warehouse/decision support system. In addition, this individual will leverage the resources available through the data warehouse vendor including analytic staff, thought leaders, and other experts to effectively apply the full analytic value of the integrated database.
Specific duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Extract and organize data from the EH data warehouse as well other data sources (e.g. health plan reports, portfolio company surveys, vendor dashboards, spreadsheets, etc.) into management reports
- Analyze and interpret report output and translate results into actionable information and recommendations
- Work closely with CIO in report design initiatives
- Produce and deliver standard and customized reports targeted to multiple audiences (e.g. portfolio companies HR departments and C-suite executives, private equity firms, internal EH leadership)
- Work with data suppliers to ensure that all enrollment, financial, risk, and clinical data are captured, collected and loaded correctly into the data warehouse
- Communicate findings and recommendations both through written summaries and verbal discussions with EH leadership
- Provide financial analysis in support of innovative programs that advance the quality and manage cost of care
The Senior Health Informatics Analyst must also work with a diverse group of people including portfolio company Human Resources personnel, their benefits consultants/brokers, and Equity Healthcare's health plan partners/vendors. The Senior Health Informatics Analyst should possess sound knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, including an understanding of employer health plan design, drivers of costs, quality, and outcomes, as well as employer healthcare benefits trends and strategies.
The ideal candidate will have the following technical and data skills:
- Experience and proficiency using healthcare specific decision support tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Business Intelligence and data visualization software a plus
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A genuine interest in healthcare analytics and an analytic approach to problem solving.
- An undergraduate degree at a minimum with a preferred focus in: business, mathematics, economics, statistics, or a health related field.
- 3-5 years of experience analyzing health care data – either on the provider, insurer, consulting, or employer side.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare data (medical, pharmacy, enrollment, care management, and provider data) and possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Please submit your resume in PDF format only.
Blackstone - 16 months ago
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and...