1) Patient Escort: Properly and safely uses wheelchairs and stretchers to transport patients throughout the clinic. Utilizes proper lifting techniques and all other safeguards as defined by Lahey Clinic. Assures accuracy by matching patient ID bracelet with information provided on escort request paperwork. Ensures that all relevant charts, records, and requisitions accompany the patient to all testing areas. Picks up and delivers all patient-related items as requested by the dispatcher. Inspects transport equipment prior to each transport to ensure that it is in proper working order, and reports any equipment that may be in need of repair. Responds to pages within five (5) minutes. Notifies dispatcher of any problems with or changes to an assigned call.
2) Messenger: Transports incoming and outgoing mail between departments; delivers patient charts to assigned floors.
3) Mail Room: Sorts incoming and outgoing mail. Applies appropriate postage, and prepares outgoing mail for pick-up. Maintains mail on shelves and cart in a neat and orderly manner. Inspects postage and mailing machines to ensure that they are in proper working order, and reports any equipment that may be in need of repair.
4) Equipment Transport: Ensures that oxygen tanks are properly filled to capacity prior to attempting patient transport. Ensures that all equipment used for transport is returned to its proper location upon completion of the call.
5) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
6) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
7) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
8) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
9) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
10) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
11) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
12) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
13) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be able to read, write and comprehend English and perform alpha-numeric sorting. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1 year of experience in a related setting.
DAYS, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm
About Lahey Clinic
At Lahey Clinic, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.lahey.org/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your MR1 Login and Password.
Lahey Clinic - 13 months ago
Physician-led Lahey Clinic provides primary and tertiary care to residents of northeastern Massachusetts. Lahey Clinic operates the Lahey...