This position will be based out of Indianapolis, IN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish line item material take-offs to be used in negotiation with Trade Partners to procure competitive pricing.
• Maintain Electronic plan room of documents that are out to bid as well as trade partner contact information.
• Research new markets for trade partners to solicit bids to on upcoming projects in order to lower construction costs.
• Redline and Value Engineer plans in order to lower cost and increase quality.
• Create preliminary budgets in Timberline estimating software in preparation of budget review.
• Perform routine maintenance of Timberline database of costs and assemblies.
• Communicate effectively with Internal Team Members in a demanding environment.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• General knowledge of construction process and materials.
• Basic understanding of construction contractor scopes of work and specifications.
• Knowledge of Self Storage and Multi-Family Construction.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Strong communication skills with Construction Trade Partners.
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or relative field preferred.
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze technical/scientific journals, financial reports and legal information. Ability to respond to questions or requests from regulatory agencies and the business community. Ability to effectively write speeches, articles, and presentations and then present the information to management, employees, and/or the general public.
• Math Skills - Ability to work with concepts such as probability, statistical inference and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to situations.
• Reasoning Skills - Ability to define issues, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in various forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• Computer Skills - Advanced experience with MS Office (Excel) and MS Project.
• Other Skills - Ability to read/educate/implement all facets of engineering and architectural plans, knowledge of general construction codes and practices (local, state and national).