This is an administrative position working as a liaison between lessees and staff of the Cedar Park Center. The work entails gathering and dissemination of information, and follow up to ensure events are set and all departmental operational tasks are executed timely and correctly. The work requires a varied work schedule, and falls under the direct supervision of the Director of Event Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Maintain a positive working environment and open channel of communication with Cedar Park Center and designated points of contact for clients.
• Aid in the monitoring of rental contracts ensuring proper contract maintenance including signatures, deposits, and proper room use.
• Prepare event cost estimates and aid in keeping the client informed of all expenses their event may incur.
• Verify final event invoice for proper billing.
• Responsible for making the client or potential client aware of all Cedar Park Center services and aid in selling those services.
• Work as an event coordinator and help ensure all events within the Arena receive proper and adequate service.
• Help disseminate all details of event to each department in Cedar Park Center and keep staff updated with changes throughout completion of event.
• Assist in ensuring all departments have completed necessary tasks to prepared and execute building events.
• When Director of Event Operations is not present, function as a Manager on Duty to ensure all events within the complex receive proper and adequate service.
• Work requires a varied work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Carry out organization policies and goals in accordance with the client’s objectives, building policy and prudent business practices.
• Provide input in the development of a long range plan that includes an annual budget for future repairs and improvements to the facility and long range program and departmental objectives.
• Maintain an on-going line of communication with management personnel, subordinate personnel and warranted outside entities concerning specific duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Assists Director of Event Operations with enforcing procedures and oversees the operations of Guest Services Staff.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university, and a minimum of three (3) years related experience with no less than two (2) years in a hospitality-related function of an arena, convention center, stadium, or hotel; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-Office and venue’s web-based calendar software.
• Must operate ‘two-way’ communication devices as necessary.
• Must present an organized office that perpetuates a staff and guest friendly environment.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and government regulations.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Ability to write letters and/or articles of publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or governmental officials.
• Must speak and write the English language fluently.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of accounting, algebra and geometry.
• Ability to count and distribute money.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
• Plans, coordinates and directs varied and complex administrative operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a current license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States and proof of valid insurance if operating a vehicle on behalf of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Additional work environment levels may be implemented by the Executive Director. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat and cold; explosives and risk of radiation. The noise level work environment is usually moderate. With entertainment and crowd management being one of the many aspects of this industry, occasional extremely loud noise levels are present in the work environment. There are also times of low light intensity. Must assist with emergency and/or crisis management aspects of the facility when warranted
The American Hockey League - 8 months ago