This position is specific to the social market to include but not limited to: weddings, bridal and baby showers, holiday parties, corporate outings and all social catering events. Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals (banquet food/beverage and room rental) are achieved.
1. Solicit for new and repeat business specific to social events and weddings, to include telephone solicitation and travel for outside sales calls.
2. Meet and greet clients daily, conduct property tours and promote facilities and services. Maintain relationships with existing accounts and up sell the property in banquet food, banquet beverage and room rental.
3. Prepare contracts and letters as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social events. Uncover and provide accurate details of the functions to all departments on a Banquet Event Order.
4. Meet and/or exceed monthly solicitation and revenue goals as outlined in the budget.
5. Participate in monthly Manager on Duty Program and weekly sales meeting.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and the social market, employee will be required to be available to work nights, weekends and holidays to reflect the business needs of the hotel specific to the wedding and social market. All employees will have some form of interaction with clients and guests, employee should be approachable, helpful, friendly and provide above average customer service.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Computer experience required,
2. Previous hotel sales experience preferred.
3. Detail oriented with an ability to analyze client needs with good negotiation skills.
4. Ability to multi-task and to work within time limitations.
5. Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or other combinations of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer