Edmonds Community College is committed to supporting a diverse campus community.
Applicants with multicultural experience and/or backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
The Event Planner has primary responsibility for managing all fundraising and donor events related to the work of the Edmonds Community College Foundation. Responsibilities will include:
This is a 32-hour per week exempt position reporting to the Assistant Director of Development. Pending budget decisions, this position may be increased to 40 hours per week.
- Works with director and assistant director to develop annual event plan.
- Takes lead responsibility for the detailed planning and production of all major Foundation events on and off campus, including an annual auction, golf tournament, scholarship breakfast, and college excellence awards celebration.
- Plans and produces other Foundation events for fundraising, donor cultivation and recognition, and others as assigned.
- Responsible for working within event budget parameters and meeting revenue goals.
- Serves as primary contact and point of information for everyone involved in event preparation including Foundation committee and board members, staff, and sponsors/supporters and ensures their effective participation.
- Works with marketing and communications staff to plan and implement event promotional activities.
- Recruits, coordinates and supervises the work of event volunteers.
- Solicits event sponsors and underwriters and supports the work of other solicitors.
- Makes arrangements for facilities, food and beverages, decorations, registration and guest services and negotiates with vendors.
- Works with committee members and staff to procure items for auction or sale.
- Ensures timely follow-up with event sponsors, underwriters and participants including agreements, invoices, data entry and acknowledgements.
- Reviews and analyzes strengths and weaknesses of each event and documents in a final report.
- Other duties as assigned.
For information on how to apply, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents , below.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience with event planning and production.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations.
- Track record of developing successful fundraising events.
- Working knowledge of event and donor database systems particularly Raisers’ Edge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience managing volunteers and volunteer committees.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Creative, flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people including donors, board and community members, employees at all levels and culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT :
Work is typically performed in an office setting, and requires the use of a personal computer. Traveling to various locations in the Snohomish-King County area using personal transportation is required. The ability to use a telephone, personal computer, and other electronic technology is required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
WORK SCHEDULE :
Four days a week, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The salary is based on the current administrative/exempt salary schedule, with placement based on education and experience. The starting salary range is $34,080 - $36,165 annually for 32 hours per week. The college also provides an excellent benefits package.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS :
- You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire.
- All new positions are contingent upon funding.
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete. They can either be attached as separate documents or pasted into the online application itself.
1) Responses to supplemental questions (part of the online application). (These questions reflect the required and desired qualifications and are used in the screening process. Please provide thorough responses.)
2) Current resume.
3) Names and contact information for three references.
4) Two current letters of recommendation. (If you have these letters, please attach them to your online application. If they are presently unavailable, do not send them to us . Bring them with you if you are contacted for an interview.)
5) If you wish to claim veterans’ preference, please scan and attach your DD214 form.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE :
Edmonds Community College, founded in 1967, is a public, two-year, coeducational state community college which each year welcomes some 11,500 academic and vocational students, including approximately 1,200 international students who come here from as many as 79 countries. The college is located in the center of the growing south Snohomish County communities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Mill Creek and Woodway. Situated in Washington State’s Puget Sound region, the College is just north of Seattle and a short distance from the scenic beauty and recreation of the San Juan Islands, British Columbia, and the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges. For more information, see the college web site at www.edcc.edu .
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT :
Edmonds Community College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 or email email@example.com and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.