Team and Red Strider Recruiter – Step Out Walk – Utica.
Key Position Responsibilities:
Work with the Manager, Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes and the development staff in our Syracuse area office to successfully recruit Friends & Family, Corporate and Clubs and Org teams for the Step Out walk. Additionally, work with the health care community to identify individuals living with diabetes to be official Red Striders.
The Team Recruiter will:
- Identify people inside of businesses and organizations who may have an interest in the issue of diabetes and would like to get involved with Step Out.
- Focus on recruiting potential team captains; invite them to a kickoff event in July, 2012.
- Continue to build relationships with team captains, providing motivation and information to build their teams to their greatest potential.
- Other responsibilities may include personal visits with team leaders, behind-the-scenes hands-on preparation work for the event itself, and playing an integral role at the kickoff event.
- Temporary part-time position
- Start immediately and work through the event.
- Approximately 25 Hours per week. This is a paid position. Not eligible for benefits.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, or customer service strongly preferred.
- College Degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, including personal, written, and telephone communications.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to effectively persuade and motivate volunteers.
An equal opportunity employer.
- Together We Can Stop Diabetes *
American Diabetes Association - 18 months ago