Sports & Entertainment Services (SES) is the management company for the facilities that host the following teams: Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, Arizona Rattlers, and Arizona Diamondbacks.
The SES security department is hiring Event Security Officers to maintain established security policies and procedures that will protect US Airways Center & Chase Field’s assets, employees, and guests during all sports, concerts, and family events.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Regulate and control access to restricted and secure areas (i.e. event level, locker rooms, and other various clubs and sensitive areas)
- Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the US Airways Center and Chase Field grounds
- Serve and interact with guests attending events, provide information and direction to inquiries from the public or employees, and interact professionally and notify the proper authorities or personnel as situations dictate. Provide information and direction to inquiries in a positive and friendly manner.
- Complete effective communication, both verbal and written where appropriate, in situations where reports are generated or direction is needed; prepare effective incident/accident reports
- Identify, diagnose and resolve safety concerns; effectively generate safety awareness and enforce guidelines to reduce unsafe practices
The typical report time for this position is between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm and the starting pay rate is $8.00 per hour. If you're interested in working for a great company in an entertainment atmosphere we welcome you to apply.
- Flexible schedule; must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed around event schedule
- Ability to work under pressure and stand, navigate stairs, and/or walk for long periods of time
- Effective communication skills and the ability to write an incident report
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office
- Security experience (preferred)
Interested and qualified candidates please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered including a cover letter . To see how the hiring manager will view your application, click on "edit your information" and follow the instructions. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
Sports & Entertainment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Briefly describe why you think you would be a good candidate for this position.