Quick quiz: Why do you think most people buy a ticket to a Van Halen concert?
The pretty flashing lights
The delicious food at the concessions
The guy in the back who won’t stop yelling “Sammy Hagar was better!”
You’re a pretty savvy job seeker, so we figure you know the answer to this one – it’s all about the content (although, you gotta admit, it was all downhill after David Lee Roth left).
That’s why the Events Content Manager position is so crucial to us. And while we’re a little different than Van Halen (our David Lee Roths are brand-side marketers and marketing thought leaders), the end result we’re looking for is the same – to get the audience to Jump with exsitement, after they’ve attended one of our events.
To that end, we’re looking for an Events Content Maestro that can pull all of our content, and the content of our third-party speakers, together into an one majorly rockin’ event.
So if you’re the kind of person that can build an agenda that really sings. If you can help speakers put together presentations that are felt in the back row. And if you’re the kind of attention-to-detail person that can tell us exactly what Van Halen has against brown M&M’s …then drop us a line. We’ve been looking all over for you.
Specifically, your days will consist of:
And here are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Responsible for agenda, content development and speaker quality for summits, trainings and other events
- Own the speaker communication and deliverable process
- Coach all speakers on MECLABS presentation methodology and evaluate all PowerPoint presentations to verify MECLABS quality level is achieved.
- Firm understanding of top external speakers in the markets served by MECLABS Summits. At this time, those areas are: email marketing, optimization and B2B marketing.
- Manage internal and external speaker budgets and relationships, including contract, presentation approval and promotional considerations.
- Onsite at Summits: manage speakers, communication with A/V for PowerPoint and other needs to maintain schedule and quality of all presentations.
- Prepare Summit program, including copy, design and printing.
- Refreshes annual events to make them "must-attend" every year for top executives in the industry by changing speakers completely.
- Write blog posts to help build the various summit brands.
- Assist Marketing on colateral needed to promote Summits and other events.
- Assist with virtual events -- webinars, online training and virtual trade shows, as needed.
If you think you have what it takes to join the band ... um ... we mean the team, show us by applying below.
- Strong writing, research, PowerPoint and interpersonal networking skills.
- An eye for design
- Be a team player (no David Lee Roth / Eddie Van Halen feuds)
- Proven ability to manage projects independently, drive projects to completion and produce events under budget. Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years dedicated event experience including speaker recruitment and content creation.
- User knowledge of the Microsoft Office products MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Excel.
- User knowledge of HTML a plus
- Interact professionally and productively with others in the company, with customers and suppliers over the phone, via email and in person
- Be willing to travel on a relatively frequent basis