The Coach will promote continued student engagement in the Excel Center. He/she will have responsibility for 60 students each. Will facilitate the team relationship and meet individually with students to assist in overcoming barriers to each student’s educational progress. Through these problem solving sessions the Coach will suggest ways in which each student can overcome barriers and continue educational progress. Additional responsibilities include: administering the intake process, assessing life experiences, determining education tracks with instructional staff, connecting students with supportive services to ensure success. The position will work with the instructional team in meeting the educational objectives and adhering to the Indiana State Standards. Additionally, the approach will support the school’s motto: “Relationships, Relevance, and Rigor”.
Compensation and Benefits Summary
- 2 years of experience in mentoring, counseling, advising, or related field.
- Experience working with high school age students in a non-traditional setting and/or in adult education setting highly preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; ability to effectively navigate the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships at all levels and to relate to a diverse population.
- Requires occasional local travel/transporting individuals. Valid driver’s license, up-to-date auto insurance, and good driving record.
- Awareness of community resources.
- Ability to embrace change positively, strong planning and organizing skills, independent, self-manager.
- Outstanding role model for success.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Flexible to work within a 7AM – 10PM work schedule. Weekends may be included.
- Ability to gather and analyze data for informed decision making
: $39,655 + or Commensurate with Experience
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Short & long term disability plans
• Paid time off and school holidays identified in advance on the school calendar
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers’ Retirement Fund for eligible employees.
This position will start in July 2013.
*Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer