The Instructor will facilitate learning for students attending Excel Center, meeting students “where they are”. He/she employs a student-centered approach effectively tailoring the service delivery strategies to the individual students’ needs approaching education with creativity and innovation. Strategies include one-on-one instruction, case stories, seminars, self-paced lessons, and computer-based tutorials. Utilizes appropriate training methods, motivational techniques and related work adjustment tools. The position will work with the instructional team in meeting the educational objectives and adhering to the Indiana State Standards. Additionally, the approach will support the school’s motto: “Relationships, Relevance, and Rigor”.This position starts in July 2013
• Current Indiana Teaching Certification in subject specialty, dual licensure preferred
• Experience working with high school age students in a non-traditional setting and/or in adult education setting highly preferred
• Demonstrated success meeting educational needs and understanding student learning styles
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and make necessary adjustments to achieve learning goals
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; ability to effectively navigate the Internet.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong motivational skills.
• Adaptable to shifting priorities while attaining a positive learning environment.
• Ability to relate to a diverse population.
• Experience working with online learning is a plus.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, highly preferred.
• Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
• Flexible to work within a 7AM – 10PM work schedule. Weekends may be included.
• Ability to gather and analyze data for informed decision making
Bachelor’s degree in subject specialty required with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience post licensing, preferred
Compensation and Benefits Summary
Base range: $39,655 + or Commensurate with Experience
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Short & long term disability plans
• Paid time off and school holidays identified in advance on the school calendar
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers’ Retirement Fund for eligible employees.
*Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer