The Special Education Paraprofessional will work under the direct supervision of a certified Special Education Instructor as well as within a grade-level interdisciplinary team in order to mold the educational experiences of a diverse group of students. The Paraprofessional will work closely with students with disabilities, including autism, emotional, learning, and cognitive disabilities attending the Franklin Road Excel Center for Adult Learners, meeting students “where they are”. He/she employs a student-centered approach effectively tailoring the service delivery strategies to the individual students’ needs approaching education with creativity and innovation. The position will work with the instructional team in meeting the educational objectives and adhering to the Indiana State Standards. Additionally, the approach will support the school’s motto: “Relationships, Relevance, and Rigor”.
• Working to keep students focused on task and lesson
• Models classroom behaviors
• Is present and engaged with the student
• Strong passion for education
• Strong reading, writing, math skills
• Strong communication skills, excellent listener
• Willingness to develop and refer to community resources
Preferably 2+ years working with special needs in an education setting.
High School Diploma
Compensation and Benefits Summary
Base range: $9-$10 an hour:
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Long term disability plans
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match and profit sharing
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer".
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 11 months ago