This vacancy is open until filled. To provide safe, positive, and developmentally appropriate environment conducive to learning for preschool children with disabilities. To provide support information and training to parents, families, care givers based on their needs. To ensure that children with ASD are included to the greatest extent possible with the general education population and to facilitate and implement the IEP. |
Plans for and teaches in a preschool class. Reviews data and updates IEPs. Schedules screenings, educational evaluations, and meetings as needed. Attends team meetings.
- Develops and implements developmentally a ppropriate curriculum and behavior management programs for students
- Communicates consistently with parents, general education teachers, administrators, support personnel, and related service providers
- Manages classroom instruction and behavior, taking into account individual student level of academic ability and behavioral/emotional needs
- Develops an IEP (Individualized Education Program) that meets the student's educational needs and implements the IEP as written.
- Monitors behavior and provides positive behavior supports
- Collects and analyzes data to inform educational decision making
- Maintains accurate documentation of student progress
- Maintains a structured, routine-driven environment
- Uses visual supports in the classroom
- Manages instructional assistants
- Provides a language rich environment
- Collaborates with general education teachers and related service personnel
- Creates lesson plans that are differentiated for individual student needs
- Develops Functional Behavioral Assessments, develops, and implements Behavior Intervention Plans
- Assists students with learning personal hygiene
- Implements best practices and research-based interventions related to students with ASD
- Attends faculty meetings
- Ability to plan and provide written and oral home programming.
- Assessment: Screens and conducts educational evaluations, observations, and parent interviews
- Participates as a team member by attending team meetings and following through with team decisions (observation, home programs, further testing)
- Collaborates and trains preschool/daycare personnel for successful inclusion in community based programs
- Transition: oversees parent/infant program to ECSE programs and ECSE program to school age programs
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Is life-long learner who is aware of and implements best practice strategies for learning.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills.
- Develops tools for collecting data and demonstrates an ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate data.
Teacher certification endorsed in preschool special education. Knowledge in typical child development. Good communication skills. Ability to work as a team member. Extensive ability to maintain positive interpersonal interactions within a diverse environment. Knowledge of behavioral supports.
This position is for school year 2013-2014
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in special education, preferred
- Valid Virginia Teaching Certificate EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Experience working with children on the autism spectrum, preferred
Minimum salary with Bachelor's degree $41,726, Master's degree $43,729.
Henrico County, Virginia
- 2 years ago - save job
Henrico Schools are well known throughout not only the region and state but also the nation.
The school division is equipped with the...