Under the leadership of Superintendent John Huppenthal, the Arizona Department of Education is committed to our mission of ensuring academic excellence for all students. We are always seeking highly qualified professionals who share our passion for enriching students' lives! For more information about ADE, please visit http://www.ade.az.gov/.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, supplemental and dependent life insurance ($15,000 life insurance provided free), and short-term disability (all after a 90 day waiting period as a state of Arizona employee). Also provided are a deferred compensation plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 10 paid holidays per year. It is mandatory to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System plan (ASRS), which includes long-term disability (after a 27 week waiting period as a state of Arizona employee).
All newly-hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
The Arizona Department of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
The Arizona Department of Education Information Technology Section is seeking an Exchange Administrator (Information Technology Specialist III).
- Design, implement, and maintain Exchange 2010 and related systems
- Responsible for documentation of current configurations, technology roadmaps, and projects pertaining to messaging and collaboration systems
- Responsible for physical and logical installation tasks and other duties as assigned
- Adhering to and updating Policy around email and email retention is required
- Applicants must have (insert taught or administered or required experience)
- Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
- Travel is also required for this position (remove if not required)
- Employment is contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency's ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
- Exchange 2010
- DAG design and DR/BC
- Smartphone and tablet integration
- Lync and associated real time communication elements
- Windows Server 2008R2
- Active Directory
- Firewall, VPN, and network load balancing
- VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Configuration management
- ITILv3 foundation
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves network problems
- Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls with help desk
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation
- Monitors system reliability and availability
- Identifies opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Works within guidelines of established methods; obtains, clarifies and provides information within established parameters
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives; uses time efficiently; communicates activities and results as appropriate
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: EDU
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
State of Arizona - 10 months ago
The US Department of Education's (or ED) mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering...