Responsible for negotiating price, tiered rebates, return policies, allowances, promotional monies, and class of trade pricing for the pharmacy, physician, med-surge and hospital markets for generic, brand and OTC products. - Identifies and outlines approaches to new business opportunities that will rely heavily on supplier participation. Identifies and executes on market opportunities learned on the supplier-side of the business through the Sales/Marketing teams. Identifies and guides the company to new market specialties for the Sales team to focus on/succeed in.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws. - Manages the purchasing, negotiating and buying team for all trades of class. Strategically manages other Purchasing personnel in the optimal inventory breakdown and achieves company inventory turns objectives. - Maintains an improved gross profit margin while managing cost of goods on over 8,000 SKU's and relationships with over 200 different vendors.
Bachelor's Degree in related field from an accredited college or university, and ten (10) or more years directly related and progressively responsible experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Attends national pharmaceutical conferences as the lead negotiator meeting with pharmaceutical manufacturers. Prepares and executes agenda presented to these manufacturers at conferences. - Prepares and presents to management purchasing metrics on a weekly basis. This includes, but not limited to: margins, IMS market share, market intelligence price compare, buyer productivity, new product launch forecasting, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned. - Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements. - Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation. - Business and personal computer hardware and software applications.
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals. - Distribution and buying systems. - Forecasting and planning. - Overall knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and new products coming to market.
- Current Company policies and practices, including safety rules and regulations. Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. - Strong negotiating skills. - Ability to read, write and understand documentation in English.
- Establish and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others, both internally and with external vendors and suppliers. - Providing excellent customer service with both internal and external customers. - Good quantitative skills. - Strong management skills.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 19 months ago