This internship will assist in research and development of organizational programs, think-tanks, and strategies to aid in advocacy for youth in care. Duties include:
- Researching policy-related issues and preparing reports on topics related to Families Firsts advocacy agenda such as adoption, foster care, independent living, Medicaid, PeachCare, economic security, affordable housing, state revenues, and juvenile justice.
- Research and development of program for recruits/volunteers to watch over and advocate for children in care (similar to CASA) throughout their custody transition(s)
- Development of Palm Card materials for families and youth to assist in advocating for their own rights
- Preparing social media messages on current issues to be approved by the supervisor and distributed through Families First staff
- Attending legislative committee meetings, as agreed with supervisor, and making notes of proceedings
- Assisting with planning for advocacy-related Families First events
- Attending Advocacy Committee meetings when feasible
- Other duties and assignments, as determined with supervisor, that will benefit the successful candidates career goals.
- Master's/Bachelors degree (or seeking) in public administration, political science, education sociology or related field.
- Exemplary communications, writing and research skills.
- Willingness to maintain confidences concerning discussions about strategy or legislative information that may be sensitive.
- Passion for the mission of Families First and advocacy for families.
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...