California Nurses Association/ National Nurse United seeks an experienced highly professional, Executive Assistant to work in its research and education arm, the Institute for Health and Socio-Economic Policy (IHSP), based in Oakland, California. The Executive Assistant plays an integral role in the daily running of the IHSP, which includes providing direct, comprehensive administrative support to the Director, providing logistical and clerical support to the educators and working on special projects including research, as needed.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 185,000 members in all 50 states.
- Provide high level support to the Director to ensure the smooth running of the IHSP
- Work closely with educators on RN class schedules and geographical locations, providing support throughout the process, as needed
- Handle all aspects of class logistics, production and coordination of education materials
- Take on and complete research projects, as needed
- Maintain IHSP journal and online subscriptions
- Provide logistical and clerical support to researchers, as needed
- Answer main department phone
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a high level executive assistant in a nonprofit or union setting
- Experience working in a challenging organizational environment with multiple priorities
- Extensive experience in meeting planning and scheduling
- Advanced command of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to follow through on tasks and assignments
- Professional and confident phone manner
This position requires some travel.
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably with high level staff
- Flexibility and willingness to take the initiative on a variety of projects
- Interest in social activism, labor unions, and health care issues
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Excellent salary and benefits package including full family medical, dental and pension.
Please submit résumé, salary history, references, and cover letter addressed to:
Rose Ann DeMoro, Executive Director
Be sure to complete the online application form.
No phone calls, please. For more information about CNA/NNU, please check out www.nationalnursesunited.org
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women of all backgrounds, to apply.
idealist.org - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard