From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant to the Zone Vice President will be responsible for analytical, administrative and clerical support. This position must ensure effective, efficient and confidential office operations. This will require a professional self-starter who is highly organized and has the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked team environment. This person will take the lead in managing the leader’s calendars, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports preparing presentations, monitoring and ordering office supplies, collection and compilation of department, zone and market information, etc.
Essential Functions: Primary Administrative Duties
• Schedule appointments.
• Manage and submit expense reports.
• Coordinate travel arrangements including airline, hotel rental car & coordination of agendas.
• Set up, coordinate and maintain meetings and schedules in Microsoft Outlook.
• Process correspondence, prepare documents and prepare presentations using Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
• Maintain office supply inventory.
• Keep calendar in Lotus Notes current with appointment and trips.
• Maintain department filing system.
• Draft communications. Operational Objectives
• Work with other managers and members of the Operations team on daily requirements along with special projects on a timely basis.
• Maintain a team-orientated environment while participating in all office related tasks efficiently and accurately.
• Aware of the ZVP’s daily schedule/routine and matters of current importance.
• Responsible for tracking all projects.
• Prepare or have available any necessary documentation or reports for meetings and presentations.
• Take notes of departmental meetings and provides to staff members and attendees.
• Maintain names, addresses and numbers of those people frequently contacted by the ZVPs and is aware of the relationships involved.
• Grant approvals as designated by the ZVP.
• Keep a file on follow up items.
• Assist in handling correspondence to customers and partners.
• Track all capital dollars to ensure the monies spent are dedicated to the correct account. Financial Objectives
• Assist in the yearly projections and budgets for the group.
• Maintain expenses, invoice log and analyze monthly financial statements for accuracy and large variances.
• Verify expense reports.
• Cost effective travel arrangements.
• Prepare check requests. Communication Objectives
• Organize and express thoughts clearly and concisely, both in written and verbal form.
• Demonstrate skills in connecting with others through effective listening and observing.
• Manage correspondence and phone calls for assigned leaders. Compliance
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
• Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
• Three or more years experience as an Executive Assistant.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and presentation skills. • Financial/Accounting experience specifically dealing with budgeting activities a plus.
• Proven ability to handle a high level of client interaction.
• Demonstrate professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Proven proficiency with the following software; MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. • Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrate ability to partner with others and build relationships.
• Ability to work well and prioritize in a fast paced multi-project environment.
• Must work well under pressure. Education Requirements:
• High School diploma required, Associates degree preferred. Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time in an office environment. Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need. Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 2 years ago