The Institutional Risk Management department provides a variety of support services to the Risk Management Group and includes the Operational Risk Management, Real Estate Appraisal Services and Corporate Insurance teams. Additionally, this group will oversee Risk Governance, Corporate Risk Reporting and Risk Policy.
Risk Management is critical to the success of every company as we work to ensure that solid controls and protections are in place to mitigate the various risks surrounding all aspects of our business. The Risk Management group ensures that risk policies and standards are established and well communicated, that risks are escalated and addressed quickly, and that the proper tools are in place to manage, monitor, identify, and mitigate risks to which the company has exposure.
The Operational Risk Management team addresses the policies and standards associated with the various aspects of risk management,as well as ensures that the proper controls and tools are in place to mitigate our risk exposure, both current and future (emerging risks).
The Real Estate Appraisal Services team manages and mitigates risk by ensuring the valuations placed on properties or buildings areaccurate and don t expose the Company to unacceptable credit risk.
The Corporate Insurance team manages and mitigates risk by ensuring that the Company has appropriate insurance protections and coverages to protect the Company from catastrophic financial loss.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Associate hired for this role will have responsibilities that include:
- Managing projects to assess and enhance the various tools and processes used, as well as build new processes to support the execution of effective risk management
- Building, reporting and performing analysis of results, including trending results to industry and peer data with recommendations for further enhancements
- Identifying and evaluating emerging risks for applicability and the development of processes to execute appropriate projects across the organization
Required experience: 2 - 5 years
- MBA degree required
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time, permanent basis without additional sponsorship
Minimum required education: Master's Degree
Job category: Production & Operations
Doostang - 5 months ago
M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in Western New...