The Capital Adequacy & Regulatory Affairs department will coordinate capital policy, capital management framework, capital stress testing and the various regulatory capital planning requirements. This department will also oversee the company s model risk management activities and will be responsible for managing ongoing communication with its various regulators. The department will also be involved in the analytics to assess risks, regulatory issues and impact to overall strategy of the Bank.
The Capital Planning group is responsible for developing the bi-annual CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Adequacy Review) submissions for the Federal Reserve s Stress Tests. The Stress Tests have been designed by the Fed to assess the Capital Adequacy of financial institutions, under different economic stress scenarios. Loss estimates from Credit, Market, Interest Rate, Operations, Reputational and Other identified risks are determined based on the Bank s existing portfolio and new originations over the forecast horizon, using a combination of Quantitative models and Qualitative judgment. The Loss Estimates are matched against Capital sources, and required Capital adequacy measures are evaluated for the estimated losses under the different economic scenarios. The Capital Planning group drives the entire process, in close coordination with Corporate Finance, Credit Risk, Treasury and all the Business units of the Bank.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Associate hired into this Capital Adequacy position will be involved with the coordination and development of the required Balance Sheet and Income Statement scenarios for submissions related to the Federal Reserve s Comprehensive Capital Adequacy and Review Process. Responsibilities may include:
- Managing the timeline and requirements for each Fed Capital submission
- Working closely with the different constituents (Model development, Model validation, Treasury, QRM, Data Governance and Corporate Finance) to ensure connectivity and flow to achieve desired output
- Managing, analyzing and reviewing model data outputs for reasonableness and physical significance
- Working with the appropriate business unit representatives to relate model outputs to Business trends
- Working with specific business units to develop balance or income projections, when models are unavailable
- Using technical writing skills to effectively communicate process, procedures and results in a clear and concise manner, through a combination of writing and charts/graphs
- Conducting benchmarking exercises relative to our peers to objectively assess financial performance and develop best practices
Required experience: 5+ years
- 5+ years of professional work experience preferred; familiarity with the financial services industry
- Concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of complex financial concepts
- Strong people management skills and prior project management experience
- Able to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner and the ability to comfortably address various levels of management
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
Job category: Production & Operations
Doostang - 12 months ago
M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in Western New...