Senior Financial and Corporate PR Manager
Are you a corporate communications professional who is looking for a unique opportunity at one of the world's leading companies?
Intel Corporation -- #51 on the 2012 "Fortune 500" list, #36 on the 2012 "Fortune World's Most Admired Companies" list, and #7 on Interband's annual ranking of most valuable brands in the world - is seeking a highly motivated, experienced public relations professional for a high-impact role.
The successful candidate will expand, coordinate and lead the company's financial PR program. The goal: Through news generation, strategic media relations, and thought leadership and executive communications programs, educate and shape perception among key target audiences regarding Intel's strategic vision, financial performance, and short-term and long-term growth prospects.
Manage external executive communications for Intel's CFO. This includes providing strategic, ongoing communications counsel and creating and tactically executing a strategic communications plan for the CFO. Communications deliverables include: proactively securing interview and event engagements; drafting external press materials, messaging and positioning documents; preparation and support for interviews, and speaking opportunities and events.
Launch and manage a social media campaign targeted at the financial community
o Proactively pitching corporate profile and feature stories with target media
- Working collaboratively with the executive management and the finance and investor relations teams to develop and implement communication strategies and clear, concise messages for the company's quarterly earnings announcements, annual investor meeting, mergers and acquisitions, and other financially-related corporate announcements and issues.
- Build and maintain deep relationships and credibility with senior editors and journalists at major broadcast, print, wire services and online outlets, as well as industry trade press and influential investment blogs. The relationships should span news media that regularly follow Intel's financial performance and M&A activity, as well as other influencer media who publish stock and investment commentary that reaches buy-side, sell-side and individual investors.
- Advancing Intel's corporate PR objectives via:
o Reactively managing/mitigating major news/feature stories by the financial media
o Policing financial media and blogs for mis-information on Intel's financial news & address as appropriate.
o Work closely with the product PR team to stay abreast of what's going on in their businesses and to educate targeted financial media
- Remaining financial PR responsibilities
o Monitor and measure effectiveness of the financial PR program, evolving, and improving when needed.
o Stay abreast of the company's SEC filings, shareholder proposals and other potential news triggers and being prepared to respond to media inquiries
Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations or communications; an MBA or master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communications is a plus.
Skills and capabilities for successful candidate:
- At least 12 years of escalating experience in corporate communications.
- Previously managed financial PR for another Fortune 500 firm
- At least 3 years of experience developing and tactically executing executive communications programs for senior executives at a Fortune 500 company.
- A rich mix of corporate communications experience is preferred, such as managing and executing public relations campaigns; strategy and message development and tactical execution across corporate, public affairs and product PR disciplines; and utilizing different communications vehicles (print, broadcast and online media relations, social media).
- Experience in the technology sector is a plus.
- Experience at both a PR agency and on the client-side is a plus.
A proven media relations track record
o A confident and capable spokesperson
o Ability to foster relationships with key media organizations, reporters, and event organizations in order to increase positive media coverage and event opportunities for the company. Media include: senior editors and journalists at major broadcast, print, wire services and online outlets, as well as industry trade press and influential investment blogs.
o Ability to proactively pitch/manage corporate profile and feature stories with top-tier media
Strong Business Acumen
Proactive and Innovative
- Demonstrated ability to present complex business ideas, strategies and results succinctly and persuasively at the senior executive level.
- Able to identify and leverage opportunities to advance a business' communications objectives in creative, memorable ways.
- Thrives on hard work and consistent challenge. Proven ability to be both strategic and hands-on; able to lead in execution as well as develop strategy.
- Builds strong relationships, enjoys partnering across an organization
- Able to respond to new and changing requirements based on both a dynamic market and company environment. Possesses the resilience, flexibility and willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjust quickly and efficiently to new circumstances.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and can craft and deliver key messages to a variety of audiences. Able to deliver compelling verbal communications-even on contentious topics-with confidence and sensitivity.
USA-California, Santa Clara
USA-Oregon, Hillsboro, USA-Arizona, Phoenix
Oct 22, 2012
Oct 23, 2013
Intel's Sales and Marketing group provides world-class support at the OEM, developer and end-user levels. In addition, the group is involved in Internet and e-Commerce strategies, as well as the execution of worldwide Intel architecture branded product strategies. Intel's expanding breadth of products and recent acquisitions are providing vast opportunities in Sales and Marketing now and in the future for both the technical and business-oriented.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
45 years of changing the world.
We’ve been delivering on Moore’s Law for close on half a century. And we have no intention...