The Executive Director is responsible for creating an atmosphere for the volunteers and staff to succeed in meeting the objectives of our mission. He or she will accomplish this through strong and effective leadership, management and growth of the chapter territory including annual budget development, planning, implementation and evaluation of all chapter operations and events in conjunction with the chapter Board of Directors. |
- In partnership with the chapter's Board of Directors, develop and implement the chapter's strategic and annual operational/fundraising plans to ensure the successful achievement of chapter financial goals and growth.
- Lead, oversee and manage the advancement of Major Gift, Corporate Development and Board Development efforts.
- Direct and manage the chapter's resources including its staff, board and volunteers.
- Develop timelines, budgets and overall chapter goals in partnership with the National Office/Regional Director and ensure that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage budget and control expenses effectively.
- Act as a liaison between the Government Relations office and the chapter.
- The Florida Suncoast Chapter is comprised of Naples, Fort Myers, Marco Island, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs and northward including Sarasota and Bradenton.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Seven + (7+) years of related non-profit fundraising experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity. Demonstrated strength in sales, fundraising, major gifts, partnering with volunteer boards and corporate development. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human behavior and performance and leadership techniques. Change management expertise and strong turnaround skills needed. Training and/or experience in community development. Flexibility to travel as needed.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JDRF - 16 months ago