UALR Functional Title
Executive Director / P98180
The MidSOUTH Center serves the state of Arkansas working with personnel in all geographic areas. There are six sites across the states that offer training. All MidSOUTH positions are funded through grants or contracts and are renewed on an annual basis, contingent on funding.
The Executive Director is a strategic leader who is responsible for the long-range goals and objectives of the center. The Executive Director will oversee this grant-funded organization using knowledge of funding sources, the application of federal and state guidelines, and financial oversight of a multi million-dollar budget.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading a multifaceted organization with a variety of programs and goals
- Guide and direct the ongoing operations of the center and lead other executive staff in carrying out their duties.
- Directing day to day operations of the Center
- Budgeting and managing large scale federally funded resources (financial oversight of a multi million-dollar budget)
- Negotiate with agencies annually to renew contracts and respond to changing demands of child welfare work
- Developing and maintaining inter agency cooperative agreements and contracts
- Organizing and managing resources: Human and financial
- Evaluating personnel and programs
- Strategic and long term planning.
- Organizing and maintaining data
- Implementing programatics
- Serves as liaison to the community agencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of child welfare and its role in protecting children
- Knowledge of funding sources, the application of federal and state guidelines
- Experience in strategic planning, financial oversight, and supervision of personnel
- Knowledge of employment policies and practices
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent the center at the university level, to legislators, the university community, and the public.
- Ability to build alliances with other universities and agencies and local personnel to provide high quality personnel training.
Required Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree in Social Work and five years of experience in human services
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Preferred child welfare employment experience.
Background Check Requirements
03 - Criminal/Financial/Sex
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Daily, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Moderate Distances; Daily, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry, and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 10 months ago