We are a professional bodywork membership association. Founded in 2002, our organization works to promote our profession’s continued growth and esteem in the healthcare field, to provide support to our members and their practices, and to advance and promote the highest professional standards.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill a part time (approximately 30 hours/week) Executive Director (ED) position. The ED will work from his/her home in North Carolina, preferably east of Burlington. As the grows the organization, the position will become full-time and include benefits.
Executive Director, Summary of Position
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
He or she is responsible for increasing public awareness of the profession, as well as cultivating relationships with related fields.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, energetic, and enthusiastic. Good communication skills and the ability to maintain and solicit community support are vital, as well as strong leadership skills with an ability to inspire, motivate, and engage others.
In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
1. Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission, and makes consistent and timely progress toward mission.
2. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
3. Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work, including, but not limited to, the Board of Directors and Committee Members.
4. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
6. Manage overall day-to-day administration of the organization.
In Continuing Education, the Executive Director will:
1. Support members in online reporting of CE hours.
2. Maintain CE course listings on website.
3. Maintain official CE documents.
4. Review all CE providers and course content.
5. Organize and support educational and organizational meetings and events.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
1. See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
2. Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals.
3. Cultivate sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and relevant organizations.
4. Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
5. Manage all other aspects of marketing and public relations.
6. Identify media outlets and publications for building brand awareness.
In publications, the Executive Director will:
1. Manage, solicit material for, and edit regularly-scheduled newsletters for membership.
2. Facilitate annual yearbook production.
3. Assist in development of other educational and marketing publications as needed.
In membership management and customer service the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for responding to all membership (and other) inquires in a time-sensitive, professional, and extremely courteous manner.
2. Maintain all membership records via membership management software program.
3. Support and encourage members to participate in the professional community and
online membership community.
4. Produce clear, effective, and professional correspondence to members and other key players in professional community.
5. Generate and implement yearly membership development plan and strategy.
6. Regularly utilize social media to connect with members and promote the profession and maintain overall social media presence.
7. Manage website content via MemberClicks membership management software, including a dynamic website for both members and the public.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices, along with the Treasurer and/or Finance Committee.
2. Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
3. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
4. Jointly, with the president and secretary of Board, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
Qualifications and Required Skills
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but can substitute 5 years of direct experience, with at least two years of development/fundraising in nonprofit sector.
2. Experience with donor or membership management software such as Donor Perfect or Razor’s Edge. Candidate with experience in complete membership management software (Member Clicks or Your Membership) will be given special consideration, but will train the right candidate.
3. Ability to write and communicate clear, structured, articulate, professional correspondences and documents; effective and courteous interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including accuracy in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
4. Knowledge and experience with complete Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher. Additional Photoshop skills preferred. Special consideration will be given to candidates with video production experience.
5. Experience in all social media aspects and functions, such as Facebook and Twitter.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of progress, each with a unique timeline, maintaining attention to detail.
7. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to assume professional responsibilities as directed and work independently with minimal supervision.
8. Must be energetic, creative, motivated, a self-starter, and able to function productively and effectively with a degree of autonomy, but also work well with the board, committees and volunteers.
9. Experience in short and long term strategic planning.
Location: ED will work from his/her home in North Carolina, preferably east of Burlington.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.