Manage housekeeping department and staff to ensure compliance with company procedures to obtain the highest quality of service to guests with maximum operating results. Manage daily activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms/guest areas. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage Housekeeping supervisor(s) and hotel housekeeping employees to include adequate staffing.
- Manage the daily operations of hotel service on assigned shift.
- Maintain the appearance, organization and cleanliness of all hotel areas at the highest level.
- Promote the highest quality of service to guests.
- Handle and resolve all guest complaints and concerns.
- Direct the assignment of workers including duties.
- Inspect work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinate work activities among departments.
- Complete scheduling and payroll for all hourly employees on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the effective scheduling of employees while maintaining the highest level of guest service while utilizing minimum use of labor hours.
- Provide ongoing training and support to employees.
- Maintain inventory of stock and supplies.
- Make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Maintain awareness of, and effectively communicate to other staff, property-wide/company promotions, events and programs.
- Keep employees/guests informed of any changes as they occur.
- Perform duties of housekeeping personnel as required.
- Comply with all Internal Controls, Company, departmental, and safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize proper conduct of professionalism in compliance with company standards.
- May be required to perform duties outside of their normal job description where, in the Company's judgment, it is necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity or improved service.
- Manages subordinate Housekeeping supervisor(s) who directly supervise employees of the Hotel Housekeeping department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
CasinoCareers.com - 22 months ago