Kern Community College District
Executive Secretary, Fine and Applied Arts - Bakersfield College
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of highly responsible secretarial and administrative duties; provide information and assistance to the public.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the community college system.
• Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
• Public relations techniques.
• Operation of a computer terminal and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Business letter writing and basic report preparation.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Principles and practices of providing work direction and guidance.
• Interpret and apply office policies and procedures.
• Work cooperatively with other departments, offices, students and outside agencies.
• Perform responsible secretarial work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
• Understand the organization and operation of the district and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
• Analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action.
• Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare a variety of fiscal, statistical and administrative reports.
• Maintain confidential data and information for executive staff.
• Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
• Operate a variety of office equipment including a fax machine, copier and multi-line phone.
• Provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
• Operate a computer terminal and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school supplemented by specialized secretarial or office training AND four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00812
Posting Date: 07/26/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,014.98 per month
Maximum Salary: $3,667.87 per month
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 39.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, August 8, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3699
- 2 years ago - save job