MET-test has an open part-time position (2 days/week) for an Exercise Physiologist / Technician in Ocala and The Villages, FL. MET-test specializes in diagnostic testing for cardiac, pulmonary, and metabolic diseases. Our advanced exercise and pulmonary tests allow our physicians to offer their patients a higher level of differential diagnosis and treatment.
• Administer non-invasive cardiopulmonary exercise tests (CPET/CPX) with respiratory gas measurements (VO2, VCO2, VE, etc.), pulmonary function tests, and resting metabolic tests in a medical clinic.
• Manage patient test data.
• Calibrate and perform biological and mechanical quality control on equipment.
• Troubleshoot equipment.
• Interact and communicate with physicians and clinic staff regarding patient performance and test results.
• Education: Degree in exercise physiology/science or similar program
• Certifications: ACLS (within 3 months of hire), CPFT (within 1 year of hire)
• Skills: ECG interpretation, strong communication and interpersonal skills, professional writing skills, and a working knowledge of cardiac, respiratory, and exercise physiology
REQUIRED: ECG identification skills
* Local area residents preferred!
Please email or fax your resume and list FL TECHNICIAN in the subject line.
[posted Feb 4, 2013]
When responding to this opportunity reference www.exercisejobs.com
- 2 years ago - save job