Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of car rental software and hardware
- Knowledge of car rental operations
- Ability to manage stressful and unusual situations while maintaining good customer relations
- Good organizational skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Car rental product knowledge and ability to use effective and approved sales techniques, as required
- Ability to type and perform accurate data entry
- Ability to process all paperwork according to policies and procedures
- Ability to operate radio, security and computer equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prefer 9 to 12 months car rental or sales experience
- Valid driver’s license as required by state
Responsible for greeting customers and ensuring all rental information is complete and accurate; utilizing approved sales techniques to capture additional revenue for optional services, and maintaining security of assets on property.
What's in it for you!
- Greet customers and complete necessary rental information by scanning and checking the rental agreement using the handheld unit, checking customer identification, scanning the vehicle asset tag, and checking the tags to verify the movement of vehicle.
- Provide optional sales items, as directed by management, while using approved sales techniques to disclose rates, terms and conditions of rental and obtain customer signatures.
- Maintain location and company security measures to mitigate theft of company assets; perform sight monitoring of lot; ensure smooth transition of vehicles exiting through security gate.
- Assist customers with directions, and review and resolve rental contract and vehicle issues.
- Manually log and release vehicles from lot during computer system outages or unavailability.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Health benefits, including a 401(k) plan;
- Employee Discount Program –Everything from Flowers to Movie Tickets, Automobiles, and Computers;
- The ability to drive your career forward – through our Manager in Training program;
- The chance to work for a company with Community Commitment: DTAG partners with Special Olympics, America Red Cross, & Habitat for Humanity among other organizations to give back to the communities where we live and work;
- Contribute to a team that believes in Value Every Time…for our customers, and for our employees
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. maintains a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace for all employees. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process, which includes a drug test and background check. Employees must maintain compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy for the duration of employment.
Thank you for your interest in applying; we also encourage you to visit us at www.facebook.com/DollarThriftyCareers for other opportunities that meet your skills and qualifications.
STEP UP and Like Us today!