Responsible for greeting customers and ensuring all rental information is complete and accurate; utilizing approved sales techniques to capture additional revenue for optional services, and maintaining security of assets on property.
1. Greet customers and complete necessary rental information by scanning and checking the rental agreement using the handheld unit, checking customer identification, scanning the vehicle asset tag, and checking the tags to verify the movement of vehicle.
2. Provide optional sales items, as directed by management, while using approved sales techniques to disclose rates, terms and conditions of rental and obtain customer signatures.
3. Maintain location and company security measures to mitigate theft of company assets; perform sight monitoring of lot; ensure smooth transition of vehicles exiting through security gate.
4. Assist customers with directions, and review and resolve rental contract and vehicle issues.
5. Manually log and release vehicles from lot during computer system outages or unavailability.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of car rental software and hardware
- Knowledge of car rental operations
- Ability to manage stressful and unusual situations while maintaining good customer relations
- Good organizational skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Car rental product knowledge and ability to use effective and approved sales techniques, as required
- Ability to type and perform accurate data entry
- Ability to process all paperwork according to policies and procedures
- Ability to operate radio, security and computer equipment.
What's in it for you!
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prefer 9 to 12 months car rental or sales experience
- Valid driver’s license as required by state
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Benefit Plan provides a very comprehensive and industry-competitive health care benefit package to employees including medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance, as well as short term and long term disability insurance.
The Plan also provides for a Health Flexible Spending Account and a Dependent Flexible Spending Account. In addition to the benefits described above, Dollar Thrifty also offers a 401(k) Retirement Savings Program that includes an employer match.
The Dollar Thrifty Employee Benefit Plan allows you the flexibility to elect benefits that best fit your individual and family needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. We appreciate your visit to our Career site, you can also find us on Facebook at:
STEP UP and Like Us today!
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...