Requisition ID: 53431
- Organization: OG&C
- Location: Houston, TX
The proposed Keystone Gulf Coast Expansion Project is an approximate 2,673-kilometre (1,661-mile), 36-inch crude oil pipeline that would begin at Hardisty, Alberta and extend southeast through Saskatchewan, Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska. It would incorporate a portion of the Keystone Pipeline through Nebraska and Kansas to serve markets at Cushing, Oklahoma before continuing through Oklahoma to a delivery point near existing terminals in Nederland, Texas to serve the Port Arthur, Texas marketplace.
Bechtel is performing the Construction Management (CM) on the pump stations for the project. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2013 with a workforce based across the US from Montana to Texas. The project will be performed by Owner subcontractors.
Unless otherwise indicated, applicants for construction positions should have heavy industrial (Direct Hire or Construction Management) construction experience commensurate with pipeline, pipeline facilities, and the roles of work to be undertaken in the requirements identified below.
Performs expediting activities on a project, in a support office, or at a jobsite to ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet project needs. Essential job duties include:
- Contacts suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data, and to follow-up on material acquisition production progress and shipment
- Evaluates production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements
- Compiles data needed to prepare the critical items reports or other supplementary reports as required
- Coordinates the accumulation of data from project expediters and issues reports for the expediting group
- Coordinates with planning and scheduling, field material coordinators or jobsite project expeditors, and construction to establish priorities, sequences, and required delivery dates and instructs suppliers accordingly
- Expedites Bechtel engineering for timely review, approval, and return of engineering data submitted by suppliers
- Represents Expediting at project team meetings
- Maintains a working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities.
- Provides information for area expediting assignments for prime and suborders
- Updates BPS and SPD databases in a timely manner
- Obtains copies of suppliers orders for material, performs subsupplier expediting, and works closely with supplier quality representatives to ensure awareness of materials subject to quality performance and their locations of manufacture
- Participates in pre and post-award meetings to review and discuss schedules and potential problem areas that may impact required shipment dates
- Coordinates shipping arrangements or tracking requests with the project traffic representative
- Reviews material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that material has been received at jobsite
- Subject to project requirements, monitors the issuance of material requisitions, and other project and procurement actions affecting material deliveries
- Coordinates customs clearance (on international jobs) of critical material and equipment with traffic and logistics representatives
- Input and distribution of the Area Expediting Assignment Transmittal form
- Area Expediting Report inputs, techniques, and distribution requirements
- Supplier Performance Database and assignment tracking
- Performance Scorecard
- Requirements for collecting data for metrics
- Use of Expediting commodity checklists
Has an advanced understanding of:
- Administration and use of the Corporate Expediting Manual
- How to input Expediting information into BPS and run basic reports, heckle sheet, etc.
- Third-Party providers of Expediting services
- Different responsibilities of shop and Area Expediting activities
- Bechtel Policies, procedures, instructions and guidelines applicable to Procurement
- 3-5 years experience in expediting activities.
Willingly does what is required to meet budget and schedule commitment
- Self-disciplined and able to manage own daily work allocation as well as those assigned to support an effort
- Commits to producing high quality work products
- Accepts temporary assignments
- Assists in the development of process work flow charts associated with project Six Sigma PIPs
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...