EXPERIENCED ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER
Experienced Estimator/Project Manager needed for North Slope (Alaska) operations. Responsible for developing full estimates on civil projects as required by client’s documents, provides complete conceptual and total bid price. North Slope experience a must. Experience with HeavyBid/HeavyJob software preferred. Must be willing and able to travel/work from job sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates
- Creates job folders
- Review construction documents and understands a scope of work to bid
- Execute take-offs of construction documents
- Input take-offs into computer (Heavy Bid)
- Obtain pricing for materials
- Obtains bids from subcontractors
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Informs management of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains resource information of products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends management meetings as required
- Photocopies documents and plans
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service and maintains confidentiality.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality –Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform the job successfully, an individual should be proficient with estimating software and spreadsheet software and should have knowledge of word processing software, e-mail software and the use of the internet.
Required Job Qualifications:
Alaska Interstate Construction - 30+ days ago