Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our store-level teams, we are seeking individuals with an active lifestyle to join our retail sales division. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
As a ski/rental technician, you will provide exceptional customer service by assembling, servicing and repairing new/used skis and snowboards. Technicians also work in the rental area assisting customers with rental selections, and educating them on the proper care and use of the equipment.
- Acknowledge customers quickly and courteously
- Determine customer equipment needs
- Service and repair customer merchandise according to established guidelines
- Resolve customer problems efficiently and tactfully
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork neatly and accurately
- Comply with all area and industry procedures and regulations
- Comply with all Company, store and area policies and procedures
- Keep knowledge and skills current
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Keep work area organized and clean
- Demonstrate proficiency in selling skills as necessary
- Cooperate and assist other department as needed
- Assist customer in rental selection
- Maintain rental equipment in good condition
- Train customer on equipment care and use
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening, and weekend shifts. Must have an outgoing, friendly personality, and be mechanically inclined and familiar with basic tools of the trade.
*Technicians must be 18 years of age and successfully complete an industry approved, area-specific certification process.
- 1-2 years experience as a ski/snowboard tech preferred
- Weekend and evening availability a plus
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Personal interest in skiing and/or snowboarding
- Working knowledge of products and tools of the trade - tuning machines, drills, etc.
- Strong communication skills
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
Sport Chalet - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...