About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and are part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
Farm Family is looking for experienced underwriters to join our Commercial Lines or Agricultural Business underwriting teams at our home office in Glenmont (Albany), NY!
The primary responsibilities of Underwriters within our Commercial/Agricultural teams are:
· Underwriting new business or renewals for assigned agencies
· Work collaboratively with our captive agency field force to obtain information regarding risk clarification and required underwriting/rating data
· Advisment with agents of coverage requirements
· Development and maintenance of professional relationships with assigned agencies
· Occasional travel to meet with our agents and clients
We are currently accepting applications for Underwriter II, III and Senior Underwriter positions.
We are seeking individuals who have strong technical underwriting skills in addition to exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Previous P&C underwriting experience required
o Candidates must have 3+ years to be considered for Underwriter II; 6+ years to be considered for Underwriter III and 7+ years to be considered for Senior Underwriter.
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· AINS, AU, or CPCU designation preferred
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE